Thursday, May 16, 2013

Afflicted by Sophie Monroe

Absolutely Intoxicating 5 out 5

(Tentative Release Date June 1st 2013)

I loved Battlescars, but this sequel blew me away!
Afflicted is Piper and Blake's story.  
 
 Blake is a Rockstar and Piper is a tattoo artist, together they are an intoxicating, yet confusing pair!While Blake faces issues with rejection, Piper deals with an alcoholic/ex military boyfriend. They try to deny their feelings for one another, but when they head to camp for a week... sparks re-ignite. When they get back to reality though Piper is torn between her feelings for Blake and her emotional connection with her boyfriend. The Author makes Alcoholism her focus and does a wonderful job describing what one has to go through in order to let go... Blake and Piper are on and off throughout the whole book so when a huge secret is revealed you are on the edge of your seat waiting to read about the characters reactions. How will they react? and What is the Secret? Read to find out!

The Author did a great job with this book! The emotions consume you and the characters had you rooting for them. I thought the storyline was well thought out and the plot was exciting. Just when you thought you had it all figured out, the Author added another twist...  I would recommend this book to everyone. It has romance, suspense, and most importantly it touches on real topics.
 


 

My Favorite Excerpt:


"Just as we were just pulling up to the cabin it started to rain heavily. Blake came
and acted as my human shield attempting to keep me dry. Once we made it inside he
pressed me up against the door claiming my mouth. I parted my lips allowing his tongue
to graze against mine igniting a fire inside me. Using my fingers to pull the hair on the
back of his head, since he seemed to like it I pushed him back to the bed. Straddling his
waist I took full control of the situation." - Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment