Sunday, July 14, 2013

Loving Liberty by Belinda Boring Review

This book will make you
appreciate life and all the choices it brings....
Description:
 
Liberty Montgomery is many things:
A dutiful daughter.
Perfect wife-in-training.
Easy to manipulate.
Compliant.

But secretly she wants more.

For years, Liberty has dreamed of a life filled with opportunities—a life where she makes the decisions, living by her own rules. Unfortunately, her parents have other plans for her, ones that involve her submission and total obedience. Every attempt to break free from their control is met with threats, leaving her feeling trapped. Just when all seems hopeless, Liberty meets Oliver Nichols. With just two words, be brave, he stirs up her secret longings for more . . . friendship, fun, and independence. He almost has her believing her dreams are possible.

However, taking a stand can be terrifying when you’ve spent your entire life pleasing others. Are some chances worth taking? What would she risk for freedom?
 
 
Buy Links:



My Review:

Wow! I just finished this book and I am completely blown away by the utter rawness the Author brings to the table. From the moment I opened the book I was sucked in and living Liberty's life.
 
The book is about a young woman who is controlled by her family. She is stuck going to fancy parties and has all decisions made for her.... including a husband. When Andrew "the one -per her parents" takes her on a date and controls every aspect, she knows it is time to escape the brutal reality that is her life. She meets Oliver who brings out her brave side and urges her to stick up for what she believes in. Through struggles she learns that standing up for herself isn't as easy as one would think.
 
I cannot tell you how much emotion was felt while reading this book. I actually found myself wanting to scream at times.... My heart hurt for Liberty and all that she went through each day. It was amazing how the romance was her hope and Oliver was her happ
iness. I loved the dates and how real each one was. The connection they shared was genuine and not at all over the top. Just the way I like it!
 
I would definitely recommend this book to all readers, but please keep in mind... this isn't your typical romance. There is a lesson to be learned and an emotional story to be told.



No comments:

Post a Comment