Monday, January 20, 2014

When it Rains by Lisa De Jong

When it Rains
by Lisa De Jong
*This book contains mature subject matter and is not intended for those under the age of 17.*

One night changed my life forever.

Beau Bennett has been my best friend since I can remember. He was my first crush before everything came crashing down, and now he wants more, but it's more than I can give him. Things are different now. I wish I could tell him why, but I can't.

I haven’t told anyone.

I never knew how much I really needed him until the day he left for college, and I was completely alone.

Then one day, Asher Hunt rides into town with his dark, captivating eyes and cocky grin. He doesn't care who I used to be, he's simply breathing life into what’s left. People warn me to stay away from him, but he helps me forget the pain that has held me hostage for so long; something I thought was impossible before he walked into my life.

I’ve been hurt.

I’ve been saved.

And I’ve found hope.

I thought my story was written that night, but now I know it was only a new beginning. Until one secret turns my world upside down…

Again.

 
My Thoughts:
5/5 Stars
 
This book will rip your heart out and leave you with "ugly tears". I truly can't say enough about this book. It was everything wrapped into one. There were three wonderful characters, romance, heart break, loss, and new love.
 
Beau was Kate's best friend and together they went through it all. When he finally announces he is in love with her ... It is too late. He is off to college and she is struggling with a tragedy that happened years before.

Kate isn't the care free fun girl she used to be and when new guy, Asher comes to town her world is turned upside down. He lets her see the light and changes her for the better. Together they fall in love and learn each others deepest secrets. Beau though cant let go...
 
There is a twist towards the end of the book that makes you scream "NOOO!". Kate remains by Asher's side and devotes herself to him. They share many memories and fall even deeper in love.
 
 I will leave you at this so I don't spoil the rest...

The book is fabulous. I wasn't bored at any part and I loved the cute little touches the Author adds. She pays attention to the simple things and I can appreciate that.

~Hurry now go pick up this book. You will not be disappointed!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment