Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Kismet by A.E. Woodward Review

Katie’s world came crashing down in an instant.

Her husband, daughter, and unborn baby. . . all gone in a flash. The life that she’d come to know, gone before she ever really got to live it.

With a broken heart, she deals the only way she knows how, by shutting it all off. No communicating, no feelings, just pure nothingness.

Alone with nothing but her own thoughts and a well meaning family, she moves back to her childhood home, a horse farm. It’s there that she finds herself healing along with the horses her family rehabilitates. But when Parker McKenzie comes back into her life she’s reminded of all that went wrong, and all that she lost.

Will Katie ever begin to heal? Or will her secrets and loss be too much for her to overcome?

Perhaps, this is her kismet
 
 
 
My Thoughts:
5/5 Stars
 
This is an emotional read that will consume you from page one...
 
I love tear jerkers and this book did not disappoint.
From the moment I opened the book, I was pulled into Katie's world, living with hurt and guilt. I felt my heart get ripped from my chest and my words dissipate. Each day was another day of breathing, but not actually living.
 
As she reunited with Parker, my heart strings were tugged. Secrets from the past were revealed and a forever love was formed.
 
I never expected the ending and as gut wrenching as it was, It was also bittersweet and beautiful.
 
The characters are what made me love this story so much. They were developed and unlike most books these days, they were real. Katie was a normal girl living with guilt. Parker was a typical guy working at a local shop. There was nothing far fetched about them and that's what makes the connection so much better!
 
The emotions felt while reading this book were also real. Yes, the story is fiction, but I felt sadness, pain, lust, and suspense as I turned the pages. As Katie progressed and started living again, my heart had hope. As her and Parker were on and off, I felt joy because she was feeling again. I became quite addicted to this book. My brain wouldn't shut off and I even found myself dreaming about Dr. Stevenson.
 
At the end of the day sometimes a story is just that a story. This book was far more... A work of art about loss, first love, and second chances at life.
 
I honestly cannot recommend this book enough!
If I could give it more the 5 stars I would, in a heartbeat.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment