Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Therapy by Kathryn Perez Review


Sometimes you have to get lost in order to be found... I'm needy. I'm broken. Cutting breaks through my numbness, but only opens more wounds. Depression, bullying, self-harm...that's my reality. Sex and guys...my escape. The space between the truth and lies is blurred leaving me torn, lost and confused. And while the monsters that live in my head try to beat me--the two men that I love try to save me. This is my story of friendship, heartache and the grueling journey that is mental-illness.

AMAZON LINK- http://amzn.to/1qTvZkF

My Thoughts:
5/5 Stars
 
Wow! This story was like a complex multi piece puzzle.
With each word I read, I could see a bit more of the picture. Some pieces were broken, others were beautiful. All together they formed a complete picture.
 
Jessica goes through the toughest of circumstances. She is bullied by her peers to the point of suicide thoughts. She blocks out all emotions and when she has the need to feel, she cuts. Her escape is the sting of a razor blade.
When the popular guy at school starts standing up for her she doesn't know how to react. She wants to befriend him, but knows it will only cause her more trouble.
A late night beat down leads her back in his arms and that is the beginning of their friendship. They start to fall for one another, but know it will never work. They come from two different families and Jace's would never approve of Jessica.
When he goes off to college, years pass before they meet again. Jessica ends up in a life changing situation... Therapy leads to a new romance, heartbreak, and brutal truths.
 
Let's talk about the characters...
Jessica is emotionally damaged. She lets her demons determine her future. Smiles come occasionally, but most of the time she does all she can just to face another day.
Jace is popular, hot... Athletic and boyfriend to the "mean girl". He has demons of his own though, and a secret that he only reveals to Jessica.
Kinsley, Oh sweet, emotionally damaged, perfect, Kingsley. While he has his own secrets he helps Jessica to gain self confidence and feel beautiful in her own skin. He was my favorite!
 
This story was AMAZING, 5++ Stars and one every person should read. The depth behind the story is one that takes each sentence to reveal the true meaning. It is gut wrenching and beautiful at the same time.
 
I highly recommend it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment