Wednesday, July 2, 2014

True Love Story by Willow Aster Review

Growing up in an idealistic home, Sparrow Fisher is sheltered and innocent. When she meets Ian Sterling, a musician who is rising in popularity, she instantly falls for his charm. They run into each other over the next few months and eventually begin an unconventional relationship. At different places in their lives, Sparrow is off to college in New York, and Ian is traveling the country with the band. When they see each other, all seems wonderful and lighthearted, but when they’re apart, Sparrow is left to wonder if Ian really cares about her the way he says he does, or if she’s just another pretty face to him. Once their relationship steadies, they’re both happier than they’ve ever been, and it’s hard to not get caught up in the magic they have together. Until something so devastating comes to light that threatens to shatter everything they’ve built with each other. True Love Story is a story about the real highs and lows that come with a relationship—happiness, pain, angst, and finding out if love really is enough.
 
 
My Thoughts:
3/5 Stars
 
A beautiful story about a raw, emotional heartbreak.
 
Sparrow has the perfect family and a sweet boyfriend. However, when he proposes she can't help but crave the darker, mysterious man -Ian. They run into one another on several occasions and each time the connection grows deeper and deeper. Ian wants to maintain a long distance "situation" with no commitments, but eventually it leads to relationship and a heartbreak...
 
The heartbreak in this book gutted me. I fell for Sparrow and Ian's bond immediately and when I found out what Ian did... my jaw hit the floor. I was furious. Truthfully I wanted to throw the book. My heart ached for Sparrow and I envied the way she stuck to her guns. Even though her heart wanted Ian, she was strong and held him at arm's length.
 
Second chances is the theme of this story. While I loved some parts, others pissed me off. Cheating is never a turn on. When the book boyfriend commits this crime.... I have a hard time finishing the book. Sparrow is gutted and when she gives in, I am at a loss for words.
 
This book to me was not romantic... It was an agonizing roller coaster ride of emotions.
 
The writing was great. The concept was okay.
I recommend this book to readers who don't mind the book boyfriend cheating.

No comments:

Post a Comment