Monday, August 11, 2014

What's Left of Me by Amanda Maxlyn Review

Life works in mysterious ways.

Four years ago I became known as the girl with cancer.

I refuse to cry.

And I refuse to give in.

A relationship with a man is the last thing I’m looking for right now, but one night with Parker changes everything. He is persistent, and he knows what he wants. Me.

He doesn’t treat me like I’m fragile.

But he doesn’t know, and I’m not ready to tell him.

What if it changes everything?

Tragedy found me when I was seventeen.

Love found me when I was twenty-one.

My name is Aundrea McCall, and this is my journey.
 
AMAZON LINK- http://amzn.to/1d9vWtt
My Thoughts:
3/5 Stars
A  story about falling in love and the daily struggles of Cancer...
 
 I am honestly on the fence with this book. While it left me turning the pages and kept me interested in the storyline, I couldn't help but feel like it has been done before and done better.

It had some really strong points... For example The writing was good and the male lead is a Vet. You don't see that often and I was intrigued. Another fantastic part with the mind f* at the end. I fell for it and was completely shocked when the truth was revealed.

The part lacking for me was... Her telling him about the Cancer too late in the book. I would have liked to see them work through it together. There were so many perfect opportunities for him to find out and I just felt like I would have connected more to the story if she would have told him sooner.

The writing was good and the idea was good. If you are looking for a sexy, emotional read... This one is probably for you. If you like your emotional books more realistic and romantic, then I would not recommend you read this one.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment