Monday, September 1, 2014

Flawed by Kate Avelynn Review

Sarah O'Brien is only alive because of the pact she and her brother made twelve years ago--James will protect her from their violent father if she promises to never leave him. For years, she's watched James destroy his life to save hers. If all he asks for in return is her affection, she'll give it freely.

Until, with a tiny kiss and a broken mind, he asks for more than she can give.

Sam Donavon has been James's best friend--and the boy Sarah's had a crush on--for as long as she can remember. As their forbidden relationship deepens, Sarah knows she's in trouble. Quiet, serious Sam has decided he's going to save her. Neither of them realizes James is far more unstable than her father ever was, or that he's not about to let Sarah forget her half of the pact...
 
 
 
My Thoughts:
5/5 Stars
 
Flawed had everything I look for in a book...
Angst, Emotions, Romance, Suspense, and Heartbreak.
 
I cannot say enough good things... As emotional as it was, in some twisted way the story was beautiful. Yeah there were ugly parts and taboo scenes, but those made me connect to the characters and feel every emotion they were feeling. I quickly became addicted to the story and couldn't stop reading.
 
Sarah was kind, compassionate, and strong. The things she goes through are enough to make a person go insane, but somehow she holds it together. No matter what her feelings are towards Sam, her brother is in the back of her mind because he is controlling and possessive. Her father is a*whole*nother story... He is a d*ck. Excuse my language, but the things he does to Sarah are sickening! You will see if you read...
 
*Here is your warning* The ending is a WOW! I won't say if it's good or bad, but let me just say I have a HUGE Book Hangover from it!
 
All in all this book was one I will remember forever. It quickly jumped to the top of my all time favorites list. I recommend it to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment