Friday, September 12, 2014

Shhh... Mack's Side by Jettie Woodruff Review

My name is McKenzie Perry. I’ve lived a life filled with secrets. Secrets that took me years to understand. Secrets that my bestie Gia and I kept from the world. Secrets that only I knew. I wasn’t afraid of the lies, the secrets, or the hidden skeletons. That’s not what frightened me. I was afraid that one day they would come out, somebody would find out the truth. If I am the only one that knew the secrets, the lies, then they were safe, right? How does a well-rounded, talented little girl create a false sense life? It took several years for me to understand the impact of lies. Lies I told, secrets I kept, and the lives they controlled. One of the things I know to be true is, I did the things I did for a reason, even if I didn’t know it at the time. They all had a reason.
 
AMAZON LINK- http://amzn.to/1m0sfNe 

My Thoughts:
5/5 Stars
 
I'm not quite sure how to put into words my feelings towards this book.
It was raw, gritty, emotional, & a complete mind f*...
With every page I fell deeper into Mack's story and quickly became addicted. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. The characters were messed up, but I hurt for them. Each one was dealing with their own demons that tormented them on a daily basis. Mack's life was the one we followed in this book and it was anything but normal. She took medicine and on the days she skipped... her alter ego came out to play. She deals with bi-polar, neglect, heartbreak, and hyper sexuality.
 
The story is told in a past/present sort of way through flashbacks and therapy sessions. We follow along and just as the truth is about the be exposed... the Author threw us for a loop. Mack is taken to an abandoned asylum and quickly comes to realize that she isn't the only one there. It is then that the true story unfolds. Secrets are revealed and lies are uncovered. At this point I was begging for the happy ending I had pictured in my mind.
 
The writing was fabulous and the story was unlike any I have ever read before. I have to admit that as twisted as this may sound... I was TEAM KYLE from the beginning. He was masculine and sexy, with a caring personality. He was the dark night in shining armor.

I recommend this book to all readers 18+ looking for an unconventional erotic read.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment