Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Captivated by You by Sylvia Day Review

Gideon calls me his angel, but he’s the miracle in my life. My gorgeous, wounded warrior, so determined to slay my demons while refusing to face his own.

The vows we'd exchanged should have bound us tighter than blood and flesh. Instead they opened old wounds, exposed pain and insecurities, and lured bitter enemies out of the shadows. I felt him slipping from my grasp, my greatest fears becoming my reality, my love tested in ways I wasn’t sure I was strong enough to bear.

At the brightest time in our lives, the darkness of his past encroached and threatened everything we’d worked so hard for. We faced a terrible choice: the familiar safety of the lives we’d had before each other or the fight for a future that suddenly seemed an impossible and hopeless dream…
 
 
My Thoughts:
2/5 Stars
 
Okay, so let's talk about the book that had us waiting for over a year....
Was it worth the wait? I honestly do not think so.
    Yeah, Gideon Cross is delicious and the more I read, the more I became obsessed, but one character does not make a book good.
     The story continues where book 3 left off. Eva and Gideon are working at a hidden marriage. There are more secrets... more lies... and definitely more drama. Their romance is hot, but their mental state is a bit crazy. They both have issues and while trying to deal with them, they are also dealing with each others.
      Eva is still confused about Brett? I don't get it, but let's move along. Gideon is struggling with his past demons and what happened when he was a young boy. He refuses to discuss it and the more he holds it in, the more dangerous he becomes. Together they are a whirlwind of emotions. On again and off again. They love each other one minute and despise each other the next... Sex is their answer to everything. Gideon demands it and Eva gives in.
      That is where the book lost me... Eva lost herself somewhere along the way. She went from  standing her ground and being strong willed to letting others control her actions. She seemed so weak in this book. I saw hints of the old Eva, but the oblivious Eva consumed the story. One minute she was hurt and angered, the next she was letting Gideon control her body. Let's be real.... Sex doesn't fix things and that is what made this book a filler. Each time they had sex the answers were pushed farther away.
We got more back story, yes, but as for a clear conclusion... we are yet again left to wait for another book.
     The only thing that made this book a fast paced read was the fact that Gideon Cross was in it. His dreams intrigued me and each time we were in his head my mind was boggled. If it was a story from only his side I think I may have enjoyed it more, but because there are so many people's stories involved I had a hard time connecting.
      If you asked what I thought halfway through... I'd tell you I loved it and couldn't put it down. By the end though I was just so mad that we didn't get answers, that it ruined the book for me. I want some kind of closure...
      Will I be reading the next? No, I won't... I think I'll pretend Eva and Gideon broke up and both moved forward. The story is finished for me... No more reading books that go no where.
      I wanted to love this one. I really did...
I'm sad that because of this book the series flat lined.


No comments:

Post a Comment