Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg

An addictively page-turning debut for fans of Before I Fall and The Fault in Our Stars

Brie is the “biggest, cheesiest, sappiest romantic” who believes that everyone will find their perfect someone, so when Jacob, the love of Brie's life, tells her he doesn't love her anymore, the news breaks her heart, literally, and she dies. But now that she's D&G (dead and gone), Brie revisits the living world to discover that her family has begun to unravel and her best friend has been keeping an intimate secret about her boyfriend. Somehow, Brie must handle all of this while navigating through the five steps of grief with the help of Patrick, her mysterious bomber-jacketed guide to the afterlife. But how is she supposed to face the Ever After with a broken heart and no one to call her own?
 
Amazon Link- http://amzn.to/1zexryQ

My Thoughts:
3/5 Stars
I just finished this one and would definitely recommend it to young adult readers....
I usually enjoy YA, but this one border lined on being a tad too juvenile for me.
It played off of quirky parts and left out the romance I desired.
It's about a girl who is "Dead and Gone". She walks us through her life after death and also shows us what led up to that pivotal night.
When she reaches heaven she meets a boy and they instantly click. Together they go back to earth and give her ex a little dose of his own medicine. As their time together progresses Brie realizes that maybe there was more to her death than she thought.
Secrets are slowly revealed and the ending will leave your jaw on the ground!
I didn't expect the turn it took, but it added to the storyline for sure.
 
While the story was fast paced and intriguing... I think it is DEFINITELY for teens and not for a woman in her twenties. When I read that it was for fans of Before I Fall I thought I would enjoy, but this one fell short. The writing wasn't as mature in this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment