Friday, February 27, 2015

Kaleidoscope Hearts by Claire Contreras Review

He was my older brother's best friend.
He was never supposed to be mine.
I thought we would get it out of our system and move on.

One of us did.
One of us left.

Now he’s back, looking at me like he wants to devour me. And all those feelings I’d turned into anger are brewing into something else, something that terrifies me.
He broke my heart last time.
This time he'll obliterate it.

This is a standalone.

MY THOUGHTS
5/5 Stars
This book was a beautiful story about getting a second chance at love... Estelle lost her fiancé and was suffering from a broken heart. As she picks up the pieces an old flame comes back into her life and shakes things up. The temptation is there, but the mindset to let herself love is again, not quite... Not to mention he is off limits because he is her brother's best friend. They know what they should do, but their hearts are telling them something different. It's a push and pull relationship, but eventually her heart pieces itself together... Just like the Kaleidoscope Hearts.
What made this story great is the concept behind it. Estelle created something so beautiful out of broken/unwanted things. It was symbolic to her life and I'm sure many can relate. It showed us that everything doesn't have to be perfect to be right. Damaged things can turn into complete pieces and broken hearts can be put back together.
I loved the characters and how well the story unfolded. It wasn't easy... It was complicated, raw, and meant to be felt just like true love is. There is a gentle side to the characters, a brave side, and a vulnerable side.
There were a few slow parts and I may have cringed when the Author put a fedora on Oliver, but overall I loved it. It was inspirational, romantic, forbidden, and was filled with hope and love.
Highly Recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment