Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Out of Control by Sarah Alderson

When 17 year old Liva witnesses a brutal murder she’s taken into police custody for her own protection. But when the police station is attacked and bullets start flying it becomes clear that Liva is not just a witness, she’s a target.

Together with a car thief called Jay, Liva manages to escape the massacre but now the two of them are alone in New York, trying to outrun and outwit two killers who will stop at nothing to find them.

When you live on the edge, there’s a long way to fall.

AMAZON ~
http://amzn.to/19aE5z8




  MY THOUGHTS:
5 HUGE STARS
* I receieved an ARC for an honest review *
You know that feeling you get when you are plunging down the first huge drop on a roller coaster... The butterflies arrive and you feel as though you left your stomach at the top? Well, that is how I felt while reading Out of Control.
I was sucked in from page one and quickly became addicted to the fast paced thriller. I had a hard time putting it down... The fact that the story occurred in just two-three days, blows my mind. You would think that there would be a lack in the storyline, but gah!, no.... it was so good! The intensity of each page had me on the edge of my seat and the romance aspect had my heart swooning.
The characters meshed together so well. It wasn't an in your face romance, but more of a subtle, lusty, slow build, intense connection. Liva and Jay's lives cross paths in a police station and from that moment on they are like Bonnie and Clyde, but in the best way possible, of course. Together they face danger head on, taking one minute at a time.
I definitely think that Jay was my favorite character. He is a book boyfriend that I will love for a long time because, while he had a bad boy attitude... his heart was solid gold. He devoted his life to protect Liva and worried himself over his family. He was attractive, but not in an I have to be dominant and take my clothes of kind of way... His actions spoke louder than words for sure.
When I reached the ending I couldn't believe the huge plot twist... Just when I thought I had it all figured out, I was blindsided by the new information. I was conflicted by how it would all play out, but in the end I was pleased with how it did.
I am so glad I got the chance to read this book. I wasn't sure what to expect, but what I got was a fast paced, intense, roller coaster ride. I highly recommend it to mature readers that don't mind a little blood and suspense in their books.

No comments:

Post a Comment