Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Contradiction of Solitude by A. Meredith Walters Review

You may notice me, but you will never know me.
I prefer it that way.
I am the daughter of a monster.
Born from blood and lies.
Dead before I have truly lived.
But Elian tells me that I'm different.
He tells me that I'm beautiful.
That I'm an enigma wrapped in irresistibly complicated skin.
Elian says that he loves me.
These words terrify me.
I can't trust love.
Or hope.
Or truth.
Because I fear the beast inside.
It threatens to drown Elian and his sweet, unconditional love.
It's a beast that will destroy everything.


**Reader Warning**
There is NO warning. I won't tell you if there's a HEA, a cliffhanger, or a love triangle. Just read it and find out for yourself but please don't post spoilers.
The fun of a story is figuring it all out!

*Note- this is a psychological thriller and nothing like my previous books!**
 
MY THOUGHTS:
5/5 Stars


This book goes straight to the top of my 2015 Favorites list...
Talk about a psychological thriller!! This one picked me up, carried me to a dark, crazy world, and eventually blew me away. My mind was blown and my heart was shattered into ten million tiny little pieces time and time again.

I honestly feel like my mind was violated. I learned to trust and that was my downfall. The darkness slowly consumed me and I couldn't see anything in front of me. The story crawled deep within my soul and began controlling my thoughts and feelings. I was manipulated by fictional characters... How silly is that? I felt pain, but in some sick, twisted way... The pain set me free.

If you liked YOU by Caroline Kepnes... You will LOVE this one. It is similar, only better. The writing was flawless and the story was captivating. The Author gave us just enough info to rob us of our sanity and keep us guessing the whole way through. You may think you know what will happen in the end, but until that last page closes... nothing is certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment