Saturday, April 11, 2015

Fall Out Girl by L. Duarte

Imagine a social outcast: Me. (Luna)

Imagine a popular boy: Him. (Caleb)

Sound like the characters of a cliché story, right? Here, hold my hand. Come away with me. I’ll tell you my story, and you’ll decide.

But I have a warning: Proceed at your own risk. Since it’s a snippet of my life, I’m one of the main characters. And to put it lightly, I’m not the most likable person in the world, cue the earned label. Also, unlike fairy tales, my story is real with a dash of sorrow and loss.

How do I start? Once upon a time…? Shoot me now, please.

The beginning? No, too boring.

Well, let’s start with the catalytic moment that set in motion a chain of events that changed my life, yet again.

As for a happily ever after? Sorry, no spoilers here. You’re going to have to figure that one out on your own. After you read my tale, it becomes yours, and as such, you’re entitled to your interpretation.

So, off we go!

Fasten your seat belts. This ride may get bumpy.

AMAZON LINK -> http://amzn.to/1EnhxHR

MY THOUGHTS:
4.5/5 Stars
The storyline was amazing. The birds truly make the book. I loved the cute little additions that tied everything together. It leaned towards YA, but with edgy twists. It was about a girl that struggles to make ends meet. Her living arrangement is quite sad and her way of life is dark. When Caleb comes into her life she tries to keep her walls up and maintain a tough persona, but little by little he chips away the exterior to show a beautifully flawed Luna.
 
The love story was very unique and you will fall in love with the characters. They each had their own imperfections and that is what made them such a perfect couple. It wasn't always hearts and flowers, but in the end we learned that love surpasses all.
 
I think the Author did a great job at creating a one of kind story that sucks readers in and consumes them with emotions. The reason I wouldn't give it a solid five is because some of the wording and editing became sloppy at times.
 
Overall, I highly recommend this book to all readers that like darker YA reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment