Thursday, September 3, 2015

Tatiana & Alexander by Paullina Simons

Tatiana is eighteen years old, pregnant, and widowed when she escapes war-torn Leningrad to find a new life in America. But the ghosts of her past do not rest easily. She becomes consumed by the belief that her husband, Red Army officer Alexander Belov, is still alive and needs her desperately.

Meanwhile, oceans and continents away in the Soviet Union, Alexander barely escapes execution, and is forced to lead a battalion of soldiers considered expendable by the Soviet high command. Yet Alexander is determined to take his men through the ruins of Europe in one last desperate bid to escape Stalin's death machine and somehow find his way to Tatiana once again.
MY THOUGHTS:
4/5 Stars

Let me start by saying The Bronze Horseman is my all time favorite romance... There is no book that compares and because of these strong feelings, I've put off reading the rest of the series. I was afraid that the others would fall flat in comparison and well... this one was really good, but not nearly as epic as book one. I think because the book was so different with switching povs and different settings, it brought a whole new feel. It was still an excellent read, but I was hoping for more romance. We get a lot of emotion and a lot of war scenes, but Tatiana and Alexander were apart until the last 100 pages.

I really loved Tatiana's parts and I think it's important that we got to experience what Alexander had to deal with, but in all honesty... Less war would have been more appealing for me. I liked the suspense and twists and turns, I just felt like there was a lot of filler information that took away the epic romance feel that book one had. Towards the end I started to feel more compelled by the story and when they finally reunited my heart about burst. I just wanted those feelings earlier in the book...
 
Of course I must read book three now because they are together once again. I can't wait to see what the future holds for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment