Thursday, April 14, 2016

Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano


He revved the engine and I held tight with both hands as the bike lurched forward, We zoomed down streets, leaning into the curves, wind whipping over me. I pressed into his back until all I could smell was the leather tang of his jacket, and all I could taste was the sweet thrill of flying away.

Keeping secrets is second nature to Nearly Boswell. Living in a trailer park outside Washington, DC, with a mom who works as an exotic dancer, she knows better than to share anything that would make her a target with her classmates. Only her best friends know about her obsession with the personal ads, and Nearly hasn't told anyone about the emotions she can taste when she brushes against someone's skin.

Then a serial killer goes on a murder spree and starts attacking students, leaving cryptic ads in the newspaper. Nearly might be the one person who can put all the clues together, and if she doesn't figure it out soon - she'll be next.

Big, dark, scary, and brilliantly plotted, Nearly Gone will leave you guessing until the very end.
AMAZON LINK- http://amzn.to/264BAHL

MY REVIEW
4/5 STARS


If I had to describe Nearly Gone using one word, I'd say edgy.
This book literally had me on the edge of my seat. The plot was so twisty and the mystery sucked me right in. I was racking my brain trying to figure out who the killer was and well... I didn't even come close. The Author is a pro at thought manipulation. She pushed us one way and was quick to pull us back. There was intrigue, romance, thrill, and danger. I wanted a romantic thriller and that's exactly what I got. 

Nearly is addicted to personal ads. Every week she finds herself consumed by words hoping to find a note from her long lost father. It's an innocent hobby that quickly turns into a dangerous game. Before she knows it she is communicating with a killer through the newspaper. Each week there is another clue and each week Nearly is too late... Another person connected to her is murdered. She seeks the help of the police only to end up as the lead suspect with a hot bad boy on her tail. The bad boy, Reece, is a narc. He is sent to follow her and figure out how she is connected to the murders. She knows what he is and vows to steer clear but finds herself caught up in his good looks and his kind heart. In order to get answers they start working together... A swoon worthy romance forms and secrets are revealed. 

I really liked this book a lot. The writing was top of the line and the story kept me glued to the pages. I found the characters to be relatable and well developed. I definitely recommend it to all readers who enjoy danger and good girl/bad boy romance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment