Thursday, August 4, 2016

The Princess Saves Herself in This One by Amanda Lovelace


"ah, life-
the thing
that happens
to us
while we're off
somewhere else
blowing on
dandelions
& wishing
ourselves into
the pages of
our favorite
fairy tales."

a poetry collection divided into four different parts: the princess, the damsel, the queen, & you. the princess, the damsel, & the queen piece together the life of the author in three stages, while you serves as a note to the reader & all of humankind. explores life & all of its love, loss, grief, healing, empowerment, & inspirations. 

AMAZON - http://amzn.to/2aZd70t

MY THOUGHTS:
5/5 STARS

Few words and simple phrases can portray truth and utter beauty. They can open up your soul and flood you with deep rooted emotion. Words are wisdom. Words are encouragement. And Words are the way we exploit our true inner selves. This book had a way of making me want to dive deep into the pages and explore meanings hidden beneath the surface. It empowered me and gave me a better perspective of how to live. It moved me in ways I never knew possible. It proved that less is more and captured the essence of finding light in the darkness. 

I forsee many re-reads in my near future. It was a flawless masterpiece that every person should read.

No comments:

Post a Comment