Saturday, February 4, 2017

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.
But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.
Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.
AMAZON: http://amzn.to/2l9PSDK

MY THOUGHTS:
5/5 STARS

This book was literally everything, everything I hoped for. It was John Green tragic with a quirkiness that left me smiling. Now normally... sarcasm is not for me, but with this book, each playful sentence had a deep rooted meaning. Each word punched you in the gut in the best way possible. I swooned at the epic first love and felt for the characters in a way that I can't quite describe. To say I was hooked is an understatement. I literally could not put it down. I kept saying one more chapter and ended up finishing it the same night.
It's a story about a girl that was raised with a sickness that kept her locked away in her room (a bit like Rapunzel in her tower). What she knows is what she reads and white is her safety zone. When a boy moves in next door though ... she starts seeing in vivid color, bright neons, and soft pastels. Olly, the parkour loving jokester tempts her in all the right ways. Their connection starts via window writing, progresses to emails, and ends with earth shattering, soul connecting touches. Maddy learns that love can overcome fear and that it can also make dying feel worth while. She starts to brave a new world with big ideas and eventually gets urges to feel the earth beneath her toes. Her mother is determined to keep her trapped though so deception is the only way to feel free. One big lie and an epic adventure later and her glass house is shattered.
I was obsessed and still am long after the final page. If you want a fast paced unique read, please go buy this one. I promise you won't be disappointed!
*Filled with family problems, growing up struggles, and control that is out of your hands....

No comments:

Post a Comment